When We Reach the Sea This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Whatever we have
must now come to an end,
but please,
can you forget to forget me?

'Cause I'll stay with you still
All the way 'til when we reach the sea.
And I'll keep going then, 'til
The frothy white waves
Overtake all that we used to be.

And you'll lay on the beach and
Look at the stars as
They blur from a mix
Of your tears and the
Last cigarette
In the box.

And when I come up for air,
Feel free to join me there,
And maybe we can
Forget to forget.

brynardskynard This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
OH MY WORD thank you so so much! That means so much that you'd say that! I worked really hard for this one; I'm so glad you think it paid off!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm absolutely in love with this. Unlike the speaker in your poem, I doubt I'll be able "to foget to forget" (by fay amazing last line in a poem) this poem. Very keen and memorable images you portray. Some are picturesque; some are quiant and almost nonchalant; but all form a great picture of this crumbling relationship that inadvertenly wants to fix the pieces of itself. The title captured me from the start. You deserve the Editors' Choice. 5/5!