Life is Good

From where I lay, the view has been pretty grey.
I've been aching for something ugly and raw:
a spark of color in the night,
a ribbon in the straw.

It's been hard to keep on keeping on
when I keep on falling off, falling through, falling for you.

Life is one big contradiction.
But it's not fiction though, so
do what you do, but do it for you.
I do it for you. Do you do it for me?
Life is good, oh, Life is good when you're free.

tori-gurlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really like this poem! Much of what you talked about was very relatable, and the first stanza draws you in. It makes you want to read on to see where the poem is going. :) and i really liked the line "I've been aching for something ugly and raw." Very well done!

brynardskynardThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks so much! Your encouragement means the world to me!

tori-gurlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Anytime! :) Do you have any other poems you would recommend I check out?    

uhm, if you liked this one youlllike A Dream, and im about to post another, sothatone whenever teenink loads it. itll be called brown.