Addict

I have drunk
But I don't drink
And I have slept
But I can't sleep

I'm not traped
I'm only bound
I search for silence
Yearn for sound

There's hope in drugs
And peace in hate
I'm weak in will
And scared of fate

You said that love
Is letting go
But without chains
What do you know?

...Unknown... said...
Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:29 am:
The flow and play of words is clever. Beautifully written. Keep up the good work.

ChrisTid7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:43 am:
This is really great. I know how this can feel, ot from addiction but other things that you don't really wanna hear about. I really love the last stanza where it says you don't go through this, so you don't know even though you may think you do. I really love the peace in hate line in the third stanza too. The oppisites working together is reall amazing. I love this poem!

IronMan4Ever said...
Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:17 am:
Oh my goodness, I love this so much. The whole thing is almost like a self war, yet they know exactly what's happening....just like addiction. I don't think there's a better way to put that into words. Fantastic! You're amazing!

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:56 pm :
Thank you so much! That really means a lot to me. :)

rachelmuschett This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Love the whole contradictionary theme going on throughout the whole poem! And it's true. Sometimes people feel that way.  The difference in between what you want and what it is you have is explained perfectly in this poem. Short and simple, but gets the point across. love it!

Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:57 pm :
Thanks a ton! :) It means so much to me that you liked it. ^.^

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the parallelism you had in here. I also like the rhetorical question in there; it's nice and sassy :D My only suggestion is that I think you meant "trapped" instead of "traped." Otherwise, great job! :D

Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:58 pm :
Oh my, I can't believe I missed that typo. Thanks for pointing it out! :) And thanks a ton for taking the time to offer your feedback on this. ^.^

OldYoungOne said...
I love the contradicting elements in this poem that outline addiction. Many people, including myself, feel this way about ccertain things. Whether it is drugs or love.

Aug. 14, 2013 at 5:00 pm :
Thanks! I'm glad you could relate

Midnight5765This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Could not have said it better. When things looked hopless people try to numb themselves to evalutate the pain. Perfect stanzas! :^)

Aug. 9, 2013 at 5:48 pm :
Thank you so much! I am so glad you liked it. :)

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 9, 2013 at 11:22 am:
The conflict in this poem is what makes it so interesting. What you want to feel and what you actually feel--how addiction works. And all the while resenting the people who pretend they know how you feel, and they try and give advice. Amazing :) I really like it. 

Aug. 9, 2013 at 5:55 pm :
Thank you! It means a ton to me that you would take the time to read that closely into it. :)

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 9, 2013 at 6:06 pm :
haha, no problem :P