Words

Words are too
solid
concrete
hard
to encompass
my feelings.

Feelings are
flexible
fluid
liquid
airy

They
run and run and run
like a river
going into a bay
into an ocean
until

One feeling hits another and another
and they all collide-
a big murky mess

And finally when
that mess is untangled
and
feelings flow freely into one another,

they form a thought.

a thought that moves with the waves
a thought that mimics time
a thought that grows with every single heartbeat

And in the instant when that thought encompasses
every fiber
every nerve
every muscle
of the body
and it can no longer be contained,

it daringly escapes
through the pathways of the mind
and becomes a

word.

RelativetoWritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 4 at 6:09 pm:
Your sense of progression in this poem is extraordinary! I enjoyed also how you chose to separate the lines irradically, which, for me, links to the idea in the poem of collecting irradical feelings to create thoughts to create words. The last line has a great amount of impact in its simplicity. Wonderful work!

carolinestarrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 4 at 10:36 pm :
Thank you very much! :)

lauren_mcmickingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 4 at 2:42 pm:
This is my favorite poem I've read so far on this website. I absolutely love the way you separate the words for your lines because to me it is more meaningful and affective. From a writers point of you, that's how poems like these should be done. I love the way it all comes together and is relatable in a very creative way.

Aug. 4 at 10:36 pm :
Thank you so much! 

M. said...
Aug. 4 at 1:47 pm:
This is my favorite poem I've seen so far on this website. I like how the words are separated on different lines because, to me, it is more affective and meaningful. I like the thought process of this poem and the suspense at the end. Amazing job.