too late This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

the calendar is slashed with bloody red
X's
i've waited too long for this
fateful day
i don't know why it's taken so long for me
to balance my
time
and juggle appointments to reach what i've
always wanted –
but it's here, the day is near
so why
have i forgotten what i
wished
for?

JRayeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 6:25 pm:
Well, I can relate to this :) Beautiful peice! 

BrisaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 28 at 8:01 pm:
Mysterious, and kinda sad. I love this :)

Christian T. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 1 at 8:58 pm:
I want to know what they wished for, haha. I love it. It's awesome, amazing, nd spectacular. It's awetacing. Seriously, great job. I love the twist! :)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 7 at 2:13 pm:
Life is so ironic as Alanis Morissette describes in "Ironic." I can relate to his poem on so many levels. Sometimes we work ourselves up so much for something so trivial and when the day arrives, we forget all about it. I love the "bloody red X's" imagery as well as the rest. Congrats, pimp, on the Editors' Choice. You're rocking like a boss! 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 28 at 8:17 pm :
CONGRATS, BEST PIMP EVAH, on the publication. I'd hug you but you hate hugs. Plus, I'm like thousands of miles away. Any who, Congrats! 

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 3 at 7:29 pm:
Ha, I love that ironic little twist at the end. Congrats on the red check mark!