You're Not Alone

I see you,
Who you think you are,
Who you want to be,
I know you,
I've felt the pain,
I've dreamed the dreams,
But you're not alone,
I understand you,
I know what it's like,
No matter how hard you try,
You can't get over it,
That terrible thing,
That creeps into your thoughts,
And haunts you in your sleep,
But you're not alone,
I hear you,
Screaming on the inside,
Shaking it all away,
I feel you,
Blood running,
Tears falling,
But you're not alone,
I am here for you,
And I always will be.

SwanSong This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem is so perfect for someone going through a hard time. Looking at it from a critical aspect though, I wish that it would have been more structured with the "I ___ you" lines, such as spacing each of them equally apart instead of the long gap between them in the middle. Other than that, this flows nicely and I love your choice of phrases used to explain things. Nice work!

SamanthaWThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:28 pm :
Thanks for the advice :) I'm always open to constructive criticisim. I wrote this a while ago for my ex, and I was kind of in a hurry to write it because I wanted to give it him the next day. It's not my best, but I hope the emotion I felt when writing it is conveyed to readers to make up for that :P I'm definitely not a great writer yet, but I'm working on it every day :) Thanks again!