The Truth About Forever

We used to be little kids,
Saying stuff like 'BFF',
But now that is gone.
We are older now
And have gone our separate ways.
Maybe it was me who changed,
Or maybe it was you.
Or maybe it was both of us.
But now I can see
That there is no such thing as forever,
No matter how much you want there to be.
No forever for you
No forever for me
No forever for us.

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 21 at 5:50 pm
I think we all feel this way with someone at least one time in our life. It's sad, and a little depressing. We want to hang onto them with a tight grip, but sometimes they don't give you anything to hold onto. Another marvelous poem :) Please add some more stuff, I really love your work! XD

im_awesomeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 1 at 3:20 pm
this has happened to many people out there. including me. keep up the good work.  

DerickJerome said...
Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:42 am
This is really good . I can relate to this so much . Keep it up . And if you get a chance check out my poem "Only in Fairy Tales"

Emily2634This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:46 am
Thank you! When this happened I thought about how many other people it must happen to, and just decided I needed to get my thoughts out on paper. I thought it was really bad though, so it's good to know that you liked it! And sure!