Greatness in Your Hands

You are not just another face in the crowd.
There is greatness in you.
You are remembered for things you don’t even think about.

You are not just another name.
There is richness in your touch.
With your two hands, you have the ability to make a difference in this poor world.

You’re footsteps don’t just make any other path.
There is adventure in your life.
You are much more capable of spreading love than you even think you are.

You are not anonymous.
There is power in your heart.
With just a little bit of effort, you’re life can be transformed in ways unimaginable

Danie2013This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:34 pm:
My response was similar to sarah98 :). I have an opportunity and this poem perfectly describes what got me there. It is very inspiring. Thank you. However, in my opinion the image accompanying this poem should be something more general than the American flag-that way it not only relates to America and Americans- but people all over the world. It could be a flower, or a peace sign, or a person jumping and down for joy, etc. :)

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:57 pm:
this is gonna sound really cheesy, but this inspired me and made me think about my worth.

HannahLouise1321This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:31 pm :
You have no idea how much that means to me, that's exactly what I was going for and I'm glad it inspired you :)