Hey You

Hey you,
Just one question has been
Ringing
Through my mind:
Has my mask
Recently
Crossed your eyes?
I trudge through life
Without it;
The world is my masquerade.
I’ve searched and salvaged
Through the drawers
Layered in my heart,
But all I’ve unearthed
Are old memories
Sealed
In padlocked boxes.

We cower
Behind our veils of façade,
Concealing our faces,
Our strength.
Tell me where
I’m supposed to be,
Because there’s
Nothing left
For me to see.

Hey you,
Poet with empty words,
I have yet another question
That wades upon
My plastered lips:
Have you ever
Considered
Being who you are?

Let us throw our masks
Away
In unison
And stumble upon
A change of view:
A star,
A fighter,
And someone
Somewhat…

Renewed.

royalujjwa4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Beautiful writing. Loved 'poet with empty words"

BlazeRayn said...
Wow, beautiful writing, amazing. im going to think about this poem a lot now, keep it burned into my mind when i try to be someone im not. we all wear masks and i think we all need a poem like this to reming us to take them off ;)

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thank youuuuuu :)

BlottedInk said...
wow. this poem blew me away with the truth of it. i love the texture and depth of the script. :)  

BrandybuckTookThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Very nice :) You're right. We should burn our masks and be ourselves. NOT THAT I WEAR A MASK. XD

Haha, indeed! :) Thank you so much for commenting on all of my work! I need to comment on urs now! 

BrandybuckTookThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Yes, yes! *rubs hands together evilly* Comment on moi work :)

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hi! Hannah thrilled to be the first to comment :) welll anyway, first off i lvoed the entire poem i think that you are beyond amazing now so i won't even bother anymore saying just that. I loved your word choice and how you sound like your a hundred year old wise man speaking instead of you. I loved  loved loved the message about throwing away our mask and being who we are that was just incredible and i loved your rythm and ryhme. I really enjoyed when you used unearthly and masquade(do... (more »)

Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:53 am
You are truly amazing, Luna! thank you soo much for your well thought out comment; I can always count on you to get wonderful feedback. Thanks again and now Im going to have to do the same for one of ur pieces! ;)