The Way | Teen Ink

The Way

July 22, 2013
By Alexisalaska BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois
Alexisalaska BRONZE, Aurora, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity." -Edgar Allen Poe.


You try to escape your fate, but you realize that you were doomed from the start.
You are young, innocent, and alive. What kind of sick person would take that away from you?
You trusted your teachers, your mom, you even trusted him. You had hope in the universe itself, and you had no doubts in your mind that you weren’t beautiful.
Who knew all that could change in a matter of minutes?
Your screams are muffled by a large hand over your mouth, you try to pull away, but his grip never softens.
You expect mercy, but you have done nothing wrong.
The panic is to much, and you can hardly breath. So you stop, you stop screaming, you stop trying to be free of his wrath, you just close your eyes, and wait. You have no choice but to accept your fate.
Even though it has been so long since your terror, you still remember every detail.
The way he looked at you, so content, as if he thought his actions meant nothing.
The way your body shook with an indescribable amount of fear.
The way his body teased as if he thought you wanted this too.
The way the bed creaked at his every damned movement.
He never worried about you speaking a word,
because he felt no remorse anyways.
He never bothered with threats,
because actions spoke louder than words.
And you never bothered explaining this to anyone,
because you convinced yourself that nobody would give a damn anyways.


The author's comments:
A piece about sexual harassment.