Undefined Nature | Teen Ink

Undefined Nature

By poeticlove143 GOLD, St. Martinville, Louisiana
poeticlove143 GOLD, St. Martinville, Louisiana

" The Lord is my Shepherd there is nothing I shall want" Psalm 23:1

My family treats me like nothing; my life is as cold as ice. My dad said it was preposterous that I want to be a writer; I turn and tell him that I could be whatever I want. I try to be affable, but they look at me in askance. They want me to have a meaning to my life but the only thing I can do is appear as a pariah to the world.
I try to change, and I know that I cant be rearranged. They tempt me to do things that harms my sensitive game. My brain developing, my words unfolding, my heart has everything in its path scolding, They mock me, they say I’m nothing, they treat me as if I can’t be anything.
My words never end; you can try to kill me, but can’t kill the words I made. You may try to interpret everything I do. You can try to analyze my lifestyle. You can’t comprehend what I’m telling you? Well, you know what, lets keep it that way. No question; no answers; Im undefined cant you see?
My life is a message which is too hard to explain. My mind is a weapon that I know you can’t read, because it’s not a game. My heart can be KIND, and yes I can be TRUSTED, but the one thing I really believe in is JUSTICE.
Justice isn’t served until the one that has done wrong reached his correct penalty to life. People cant accept me for who I truly am, but they try to convince me to be something that I’m not.
You think I’m illiterate because of my race, but I know where I come from. I come from a home, from love, from hope, and from pain. The blood in my veins run deeper than the roots of the largest tree. My voice will NEVER die, because I speak for every child, every woman, and every person that feels helpless against me.
We are the victims of the simple murder case. They didnt kill our words; they kept our records who we are. They try to change the negro race by calling us niggas, or approaching us in the streets by saying “ Hey Negro.” It’s a new day, it’s time for discrimination to come to an end, it’s time for people to accept the fact that we can change the world that we live in.
I’m not speaking from a political book, which was written before my time. Im speaking from my heart and from what I believe in. It’s a new age, a new world. It’s a time where blacks and whites come together to fight for what we believe in. It shouldn't matter if we are Black, White, Belize, Hispanic, or Indian. What matters is that we come together as one to fight for justice and fairness in our communities, our countries, and our world. We are a nation of people created by God, each with it’s own purpose.
Be who you are! Fight for what’s right! Be an UNDEFINED NATURE!!!

It was about finding my self. This poem doesn't reveal who I truly am. That's where the first part of the title "Undefined" came in. Being undefined is something spectacular, its something that I love because only the people that really know me can define who I truly am.
This poem has a mix of the discrimination I go through in school, and the recent case that I honestly think was unfairly judged.

on May. 6 2014 at 12:23 pm
Castiels.Freaking.Trenchcoat SILVER, Columbiana, Ohio

"Family don't end with blood, boy." ~Bobby (Supernatural)

Wow! Great job!

on Aug. 8 2013 at 10:46 am

Thank you :D  

sarah98 BRONZE said...
on Aug. 7 2013 at 8:10 pm
sarah98 BRONZE, Holyoke, Massachusetts

It is better to write for yourself and have no audience than write for your audience and have no self.

i absolutely love the part about how they cant kill your words. it reminds me of one of my favorite quotes "the goal isnt to live forever, its to create something that will." keep writing like this, and youll end up somewhere great as a writer:)

on Aug. 5 2013 at 5:20 pm

Thank you. I really appreciate your words and advice.

on Aug. 5 2013 at 2:34 pm
Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

I love your truthful words in here. It's so refreshing to see this type of poem on Teen Ink, great job! My only criticisms are that "cold as ice" is a bit cliche and this could use some line breaks to create stanzas (otherwise it gives it an essay sort of feel). Otherwise, awesome work!