Gifts of Several Meanings | Teen Ink

Gifts of Several Meanings

July 22, 2013
By JavonteWolfe SILVER, Cleveland, Ohio
JavonteWolfe SILVER, Cleveland, Ohio
9 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
It's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
-Kurt Cobain


If for but your kiss, your embrace, your love, I could endure all things.
It's funny.
Most of us spend so much time alone yearning for love that we almost begin to believe it's non existenet.
Suddenly we're enthralled in a situation that gives us more emotion than anything else imaginable.
Love.
O how I smile at your name.
Some say that love and lust are the same,
But how could it be when love invokes undying flame
Whilst lust implores shame?
Her kiss envelopes me in satin sheets from head-to-toe
As her soft lips touch mine and my heart is filled with bliss.
She embraces me and my eyes burn like fire as she ignites my soul.
Her love weighs down in my heart making me feel as if my chest is empty.
The satin sheets of her lips kiss can keep me warm on the coldest nights,
My burning eyes illuminate what's in front of me so I may have safe passage,
The weight of my heart helped me survive as the bullet passed through my empty chest.
See, because it is for love that we all survive.
In lust these things cannot be done, but for love all things are possible.
If for but your kiss, your embrace, your love, I could endure all things.


The author's comments:
I wrote this piece for an online contest. The contest prompt captured my interest and this was the result. My hope is that others will read this and not give up on love and accept it as one of the most powerful emotions we have ever seen. Lust and love are not the same, and thus that is why this piece exists.