Criticism

Your writing is choppy,
It lacks a good flow.
Your rhyming is useless;
It's pointless you know.

Your stanzas are long,
And grammatically incorrect.
Your plot is so boring,
I can't stay erect.

You can't count your syllables,
Haikus are a chore.
Your characters are adolescent.
Don't give me anymore!

Though... your story was okay.
I mean, all in all.
Your stanzas were descriptive,
And left me in awe.

Your writing kind of represents,
the vast and stormy seas.
And poems don't necessarily,
have to rhyme with ease.

Adolescent characters,
They're everywhere I look.
And maybe, just maybe,
Yours would make a good book.

rand0mteenager said...
today at 2:36 am:
I love your poem, it flows greatly and it shows both sides of criticism <3

Superhero_FanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 9:34 am :
Thank you!

PlumeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 18 at 1:31 pm:
FANTASTIC !!!!! the words you chose suited this poem wonderfully!!! well done <3

Aug. 18 at 3:11 pm :
Thanks Plume!

OldYoungOneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 16 at 9:52 am:
Somehow I feel like this was directed at me lol because I honestly give some heart breaking critiques. But that aside i likw how the poem spins the reasons why someone doesn't like a poem into reason why somone would love it just as much. Not much depth but it works. Good job.

Aug. 18 at 3:11 pm :
Thanks!     

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 15 at 4:15 pm:
Haha, i like the shift in this poem. Like, realizing the good in everybody's thoughts, even if it isn't how we personally would like them to be written out. I liked this a lot :P 5/5

Aug. 15 at 4:47 pm :
Thanks Jade! I appreciate thae five stars. :p

tori-gurlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 14 at 10:01 pm:
This poem was extremely good! I really love the idea of your poem and how in the first stanza you say that "Your rhyming is useless; It's pointless you know," but then you rhyme :) the poem was just well executed and I loved it! :D

Aug. 14 at 10:29 pm :
Thanks Tori! I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for reading it.

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 9 at 6:03 pm:
I really do like the idea behind this poem. :) It is interesting, and I honestly can't think of any time I have seen it done before. The ending was quite unexpected, but in the best way! I really enjoyed your optimism. :) Often, I want to write myself off as nothing but an amateur, so it was really nice to read something about the positive side of teen writers. ^.^ Great work! I really do like the idea behind this poem. :) It is interesting, and I honestly can't think of any time I have ... (more »)

Aug. 10 at 2:05 pm :
Thank you, twice! ;) I'm very glad you liked it, and I'm also really glad you haven't seen it anywhere else! That would make me a plagerizer (I'm not sure I spelled that right). Well, thanks for commenting!

SamanthaWThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 6 at 2:36 pm:
I love this poem because of your word choice and the way you made it flow so nicely. Really well written and I love the metaphor you used, "Your writing kind of represents, the vast stormy seas." I'm giving this five stars :)

Aug. 6 at 8:30 pm :
Thank you Sam! I appreciate that.

MissExplorationThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 5 at 8:28 pm:
I love it! 5 stars! Very creative! I like how you change the tone throughout your poem.

Aug. 5 at 8:31 pm :
Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 5 at 7:03 pm:
This is an amazing poem that flows perfectly and describes criticism perfectly. One may first find all of the negatives of a poem or story before they find the undeniable positives. This poem shows how even the most pointless works of writing can be looked at through deeper eyes and can be found quite beautiful. Thank you so much for writing this; you really have a talent!

Aug. 5 at 8:17 pm :
Thank you, Hanban! I'm flattered that you liked it!

AmaranthiniumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 3 at 12:46 pm:
I like this poem! Ironically, your rhyming is very useful, and the writing has a very good flow :D I love the change in attitude halfway through, too. It definitely shows the frustration that misguided criticism can create, and is a good reminder, I think, to be positive and such about other people's work. Keep writing poems! 

Aug. 3 at 7:47 pm :
Thank you, Amaranthinium! (Wow that's a mouthful!) I'm glad you liked my poem! Thank you for reading it!