Cages

You put me in cages.
You put me behind fences.
You put boundaries on my life.

You say your protecting me,
from what?
From the real world?
You want to shut the blinds to life.

Whats with the rules.
The outrageous, stupid rules,
that keep me from everything.

I know you mean well,
but stop.

Why can’t you just accept that I am growing up.
You can actually trust me.
Why can’t you trust me?

love_writing said...
I don't really feel that way yet but then again I'm only 13 and I'm guessing you're a little older.  :)  I still really liked the poem and the great flow to it!  Keep writing!

Carellynn said...
Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:53 am
Why is it that they want to keep us in a cage locked away from the real world. I feel the same way I just don't understand what they expect us to do on our own when they don't let us see the things that are real in life...

Carly_ElizabethThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Exactly. I don't understand why they wont just let us live our lives, but then again I'll probably be like that to my kid when I'm older. But maybe not that bad. 

Csquared This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this poem because I think that is shows what all teenagers think atleast once a day. :-) Great job, this poem really shows how we teens think.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it.