king of the world This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

your long hair billows
like the loose wrinkles
in the ocean’s haggard face
beneath you
sleek slate dolphins
blithely leap
in and out of the ocean
answering your enraptured whoop
with a language of their own
you extend your arms out
like a crucified deity
your inquisitive eyes searching
the limits of the ocean
around you
but at this moment
as the ocean is limitless
so are you
the world is yours

elycavillThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
you've got a wide dictionary ( judging to this and other songs) and write really deep. Great piece and a great movie to inspire you !:)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yes, it is a great film to be inspired by. Thank you so much, elycavill. I appreciate your feedback on this poem. 

east_of_adaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
whoopdewhoop, fetus time. And no your words make mine. Hence, we ought to be Batpeople and be Gotham City DAYMAKERS

XD Agreed. All I need to do is fit into my Batman costume. 

it's okay bby,it's okay :D poetry fetuses explode in me all the time really. As for you stahping writing, yes, you should get one. I will get you if you stop writing.    

O_O I'll keep that in mind and do my best not to cease writing. Glad I had such an effect on you; I mean, not happy happy, but...I'm honored...I exploded you poetry fetus. I guess we're fair. You do the same with me. Though, technically, I don't think I can have fetuses. O_O

east_of_adaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
everyone can have fetuses. it's all in the mind-ideas and stuff are little unexplored bits of creation-'cept you make em' not God. :D Good. because if you stop writing, i'm going to get you. :D awh, and thanks bby-i'm happy my words make someone happy.

All right. I have a fetus. So do I like get cravings...for chocolate...and good poetry? Ok, as to ceasing to write, I hope I don't. I'm warned to not quit. I'll keep it in mind. And your words do make my day. 

my poetry fetus just exploded inside of me. it's so wonderful; you're amazing and perfect and keep writing because if you stahp i will get you, you hear?  

OMG! Are you ok?! Sorry this poem did that to you. Thank you for thinking I'm quote "perfect"; so touched by that. And I'll try to continue writing. It's my dream to continue. But who knows what the future holds for me. By the way, should I be worried if I don't write anymore? Should I get a restraining order? O_O

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:54 am
great work!  can totally relate to this is multiple ways, the last lines deserve applause, and this piece deserves editor's choice. keep writing. :)

Thank you so much! That means a lot that you can relate to this poem. It's one that I want people to feel. At least once in their lifetime. To feel limitless. Great feeling. 

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 9, 2013 at 11:34 am
AWESOME SAUCE. So many references in one poem. Mind = blown. Good job. Keep rockin' ;)

Yes, I blew your mind. Mission=accomplished. XD Thank you, Callie. 

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great movie and great poem. It is like I can picture the whole scene in my head, wonderful job with this one.

Yes, it is a great movie. Thank you. I'm so happy that this poem reminds you of that wonderful scene that will never be forgotten. 

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I LOVE THAT MOVIE AND I LOVE THIS POEM BECAUSE YOU BROUGHT IT UP AGAIN AND THE MEMORIES *sigh* The last time I watched this was in Jordan and my cousin Khaled kept on throwing a tissue box at my face, insisting that I'd shed a tear or two XDDD Awesome job!

I'm so happy this poem makes people remember stories about themselves and this AWESOMELY EPIC movie. I feel so honored. Thank you, Krasota. 

Kait-DreamsOfGold said...
I really liked the description, the imagery... I could see what was happening, feel it ... I loved the vocabulary and your imagery most of all; it really brings the piece and your style out. Although I have never watched the movie [sadly], I can tell it was a great movie... I rated this four out of five stars for lack of capitalization and punctuation. You are a truly talented. Keep writing!

Thanks, Kait, for the feedback. By the way, the lack of capitalization and punctuation is intentional. I'm experimental with my poetry as you might notice. I break the rules once and a while. I don't think poetry should always follow the norms. It should be creative and unique like we are. But thank you for the constructive feedback. I appreciate it. And you should WATCH THE MOVIE! NOW! What are you waiting for?