inspiration at hand This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

my room is filled with
sunshine greens and blues
(i wanted more blues, but mother knows best)
pillows sewed up with affection and effort –
… i went through a phase
my name “E L L I E” four times
(four IS my lucky number)
photos i took with precision and exertion –
and framed with 99 cent glass
books piled messily on towering plywood shelves –
from Eloise to Shakespeare
two lizards (frozen eternally in metal) crawl up my window pane
my mirror, bordered with bumper stickers i’ve collected for years
surrounding my reflected image with memories
and
posted on my closet door pages, ads, articles from magazines and newspapers –
(glossy, faded)
torn out to Inspire me to do great things

my room is
– organized disorder –
cluttered with the debris of a lifetime
of experiences.

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really cool---your room seems like the room of a creative person. I admit, I was reminded of my own room reading your poem. I like the style of this piece.

kmarie14 said...
This is really cool ;) I would love to see your room ha ha I especially love the last part of organized disorder :) thats awsesome! check out my work?

ForeverForgotten said...
Great poem! My favorite is the last 4 lines! i wish i oculd write as good as you

musicgirl757 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It's pretty interesting. It's not my favorite, but I enjoy it.

roseann This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 12, 2010 at 9:52 am
this was great. liked the image you set up. wish i could write as good as you!

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very good. I like it

LeilaniLives said...
I think it's the fact that the poem itself was so disorganized that fit the piece of unorganization.

Lixxy93 said...
i like this one, it amazes me that you could write it in a way that i could actually picture the room you are talking about. and it sounds like just the kind of place i would want to com home to :]

sunnysyd This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I loved it. I don't know why nobody else has commented on this because it is obviously a great and deep poem. Great job. Please write more.

Ellie D. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thanks so much, it is really comforting that someone appreciates my writing