The Circuitous Route of Love and Nature This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Darling, let's go;
to a place we might wish to stay.
Where the honeysuckles fight
the foxgloves for the sun's
tender loving.
Where the red-winged blackbird soars
with elegance, a poppy
among a murder.
A place where we can lose
ourselves and the past.

Darling, I must go;
to a place I might be alone.
For where I am the honey,
suckling from the nonexistent breast,
I am losing the battle.

Darling, please go;
To a place faraway from here.
Your germination conquers me, wide
blossoms making it impossible
for me to spread my wings.
The crows are consuming the tender
lower, their vicious beaks tearing
at the flesh, the splash
of color is stifled.
The murderer has murdered
and our home is the remains.

SwanSong This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:12 am
You imagery is beautiful. I would liked to have seen a little bit more about the speaker and "darling" instead of just straigt description, though. I loved the repetition and "Darling ____ go" at the beginning and your last two lines are amazing. Very nice work!

CasimirPulaski This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
While reading i can see the whole story but i suppose that is because i know exactly what it was about and how i was feeling at that moment :) I will definately try to incorperate some more!

sophistryxo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is wonderful! It evokes such vivid imagery and I love the use of "Darling."