Corruption in the 21st Century | Teen Ink

Corruption in the 21st Century

June 29, 2013
By Bbegum BRONZE, Bronx, New York
Bbegum BRONZE, Bronx, New York
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Eternity is not something that happens after you are dead. It is going on all the time. We are in it now."


We refuse to see the beauty behind the unpleasant face. We live in a world where gunshots and killers bring more amusement than the birth of a newborn. We live in a world where wise words of poets are lost to the vain words of rappers. We live in a world where plan B is just another option you can easily make. But do you not feel the absence of the innocent souls? Do you not hear the breath of those in danger coming to an end? So why haven't you begun to live your life? , laugh,smile , cry a little cause when you reach the other side it just won't be the same.


The author's comments:
My friend Zulemi Torres passed away on May 17, 2013. Ever since then I been thinking about everything that's going on around my life. I came to realize that a lot of things in this world are materialistic like instagram, money, fame, drugs , etc. When you die, you won't be able to take anything with you, just your faith in God.