Poetic Hatred | Teen Ink

Poetic Hatred

June 29, 2013
By Bbegum BRONZE, Bronx, New York
Bbegum BRONZE, Bronx, New York
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Eternity is not something that happens after you are dead. It is going on all the time. We are in it now."


A manner that seem almost belligerent. Bottled up emotions set forth into the sea that creates a hurricane of me. Someone that stands 5ft who has a mouth full of words that embraces the soul of every human being. That tells the story of a character who you would think is from the movies , but actually lives within me. Inspired by the authors of many who choose to describe their experience through a difficult journey. Awaken by a greed that will eventually lead me to victory. Success that can't be counted on the fingertips of a women that is well known for her insecurities . A woman who looks upon others with the intention of jealousy. Despite of the hardships that one seem to put towards every piece of art that is hung on the walls of ever lobby. Oblivious to the fact that a dream became reality which now stands for a inspiration for many. So now she tortures herself with a grief that follows her to the place where no one wants to be. And so I say to you as others might say to thy "don't be the one hated by many"


The author's comments:
It was International Night at my school which is a big show where students show off their talents. I was suppose to sign up for spoken word and perform but I was too much of a coward at the time. Instead I worked backstage with curtains, it was a miserable experience. When I got home I was angry and frustrated at myself so I wrote this poem.