Lost. | Teen Ink

Lost.

June 30, 2013
By PointlessBlog BRONZE, Laurel, Delaware
PointlessBlog BRONZE, Laurel, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everything I've learned, I've learned from the movies. And if it's not like the movies, then that's how it should be." ~ Audrey Hepburn


I've always been the "quiet girl." The girl who never had enough courage to speak out in class. Who was too nervous and awkward to talk to cute guys. Too intimidated to talk to people her age. The one who had low self-esteem and laughed too loud. Who's obsessed with stupid boy-bands and TV shows that none of her friends understand. The one who cries to nearly every movie she watches, and gets depressed when people tease her about things she's actually really self-conscious about. The one with an endless imagination. Who wishes she could live in her dreams. The girl that wants to travel every aspect of the world, but is glued to one small, boring town. The one who reads books and falls in love with fictional characters. The girl who wants nothing more than love, but can't seem to find it anywhere. The one who desperately wants a boyfriend, but doesn't have the self-confidence to do so. The girl who forgets song lyrics, but sings along anyway, and can't dance no matter what. She can't whistle, or draw, or play piano, or do cool yo-yo tricks. She can't do hair, or paint nails, or do make-up professionally. It's impossible for her to cook, or walk quietly or even get out of bed. She loves coffees and teas, books and TV shows. She's the girl that loves to babysit children, take photographs and create designs on the computer. She who doesn't have her own personality, but a mixture of everyone's around her. She doesn't know who she is, just what she loves, hates, can and cannot do. She doesn't know how to define herself, and it makes her kind of sad. That she is undefinable, when everyone seems to know exactly who they are. She doesn't know herself, and she spends countless hours every night in search of what's probably not even there. She is left to roam on this Earth, expected to know what to do, when she doesn't even know what to do with herself.


The author's comments:
This is something very personal to me, and after I wrote it, I fell in love with it. I hope you do too.