Blissful Moments | Teen Ink

Blissful Moments

By Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York

"What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong." Robin Williams

I look at her. I know deep down that I made the right choice. She gets me. She understands my thoughts and how I work, and I understand who she is. Nothing is able to come between us. Even when a doubt begins to form a more powerful emotion comes to replenish the soul. LOVE. I take her hand in mine and press it to my lips as I look into her eyes and I see her inner smile. Something she has long since tried to hide away but I have always been able to find. She stares back into my eyes and I realize she is searching my very being. Unlocking doors and revealing myself to her without me even saying a single word. She post-pones her search for a brief moment to smile at me and ask “What?”. “Nothing” I reply as I smile warmly back to her and pull her in close for a tight embrace. She giggles softly and nestles her head beneath mine and I know everything for once, is right. I feel time stand still as I breath in her sweet perfume and feel her gentle touch. I lay my head back and close my eyes as I envelope myself in the perfection of a moments bliss.

Waistband GOLD said...
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York

Haha thanks sophi. :) and yea I try not to be too cliche but when it comes to love it happens sometimes. lol  

sophistryxo SILVER, St. Louis, Missouri

“There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars.”
-Jack Kerouac

This is adorable and very romantic! Your writing style is lovely! Maybe you could describe your affection in a more unique way...as some of the phrases are a little cliched and forgettable. Otherwise great work!

Waistband GOLD said...
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York

Not necessarily weird, just different. And different is good. :) Usually lol.  But that is true what you said  

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

You can be romantic without becoming overly emotional. I'm not emotional but sentimental. Weird philosophy of mine. 

HazelGrace said...
Hmm. Interesting. I like that. But still hahaha

Waistband GOLD said...
on Jul. 17 2013 at 12:36 am
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York

Well thank you. :) But I'm far from as romantic as I used to be haha. And thank you for the tip on the line breaks. And Ive used them on certain poems bbut for the most part I tend  not to use them. My poetry isnt meant to be read a line at a time. Its meant to flow, a little like a story, but touch you and move only as poetry can. So instead of taking it one thought at a time you let it all mix and bend into one single poetic message until it becomes an entire experience. Poetry isnt neccesarily about how you get the ,message. Its what the message is. :)

HazelGrace said...
so freaking adorable and you seem like the most romantic guy ever with an amazing girlfriend. Just please use your line breaks effectively if you submit into the poetry section so I can tell you youre perfect :) But I mean if this wasnt in the poetry section it wouldnt matter at all this writing doesn't need them it stands on its own- I love it. But still. You know line breaks never hurt when youre writing poetry. lol :) 

Waistband GOLD said...
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York

Hahaha yes emotion drives 90% percent of my poetry and I don't write alot of love poetry for the fact that it could get way overly mushy sometimes and it ruins the point. Thatnk you for the comments btw. :)

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I KNEW IT! WE, GUYS, DO HAVE FEELINGS! This is like so romantic. I mean, as a guy, I've got to admit it. I love how you detail little things like that scene when she looks at you and asks "What?" and you say "Nothing." And she giggles. It's so real. Perfection. This is love. And you described it really well, without being overly mushy.