Pitfall | Teen Ink

Pitfall

July 10, 2013
By Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York
15 articles 0 photos 63 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong." Robin Williams


I’m falling. Rapidly descending back into the hole I just climbed out of. I reach wildly for anything on the walls that can slow my fall. But all my fingers pull from the sides of this hole is dirt. Who would have guessed that all it would take is a simple push. After all the hours of toil to make everything right, a simple push, a stumble, and down I fell. I fought for so long. I worked so hard. But it has all amounted to nothing. I’m unable to see anything below me as I plummet towards the bottom of this seemingly bottomless pit. I look up towards the light that is rapidly fading from sight. I see a figure gazing down. The one who pushed me in. I feel raw fury build inside of myself as I imagine the mocking smirk that must be displayed across their face. Sadness emerges as well. A feeling that had, I thought, finally lost its hold upon me. I begin to wonder how long it would take for me to hit the bottom. I feel it swallowing me whole as I fall further. Despair wrapping itself around my body. Loneliness sets in as I feel abandoned by the world in which I lived. I stop reaching for the sides, hands raw from the struggle of fighting. From the struggle of life. All that’s left is darkness. It is now my home. Controlling my feelings and taking over my life. Bitter tears form as I reflect on how the world pushed me away. Back into this hole. I look above and my will shatters and my heart saddens, as I watch the last shred of light go out.