Missing This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

There is a dog,
one brown spot on the side
of its face,
strapped in a green collar,
stapled to a telephone pole.

There is a necklace,
with one blue bead
and a silver clasp,
pinned to a locker room
bulletin board.

I walk around
filling my empty pockets
with bits of sky,
holding a piece of tape,
and wondering
where to put

you.

vegangirl0725 said...
Awesome poem, I love it!!!! And i like the title

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem is all aroung awesome-sauce, meaning it's exceptional. I love your details. Your theme and title. It's clear and just beautiful. Congrat's on the red check mark! You deserve it! 

Csquared This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really liked the title that you came up with. It fits the poem perfectly, and it works really well because it draws in your reader. The reader thinks that the poem will be about your lost dog, but it becomes a lot more than that. It's very clever. Great work!

Superhero_FanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I get that she's looking at all the 'missing' posters, but what about the last part? Who - or what - is she looking for? I just can't tell. It flowed really well though! 
Superhero :)

Labradorian This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:24 am
I love the subtelty of this poem. It's very focoused, (although I don't understand the significance of the pockets of sky as I did the rest of the poem) but it isn't blatanct about the subject. I felt as though I was allowed my own interpritation, even though the poem molded it into the original message.