Three Inches to Hide or Conquer | Teen Ink

Three Inches to Hide or Conquer

July 9, 2013
By Meghan P BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska
Meghan P BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

So If I were to tell you my story would you laugh ? Would you? Would you ever be open to the person who is me? The person who is… That is the real question: Who is the person I call me? I don’t know I try to be this outgoing person but on the inside I just want to be alone with myself to figure out who is the one inside and why doesn’t it not match the one on the outside. The outside that appears to be the strong durable barrier protecting me and from anyone else form getting to close to what lies beneath nothing more than 3 inches of shield but those 3 inches make a difference. If I keep it durable the inside will not get demolished by the civil war that endures between the 2 separate entities that lie side by side. You would think that being neighbors they would have more in common that maybe they would fight in unity to force off the enemy and claim the victory but instead one holds up a white flag while the other yells charge as one barrels down the hill to take a new land for a bigger empire the other burrows farther into the fox hole to hide. But from what? The one who tries to hide from the unknown is actually just trying to cover up the fact that they are in eternal fear of the known.


The author's comments:
Late night thoughts