Ana, my beauty

Trying to understand you
Is harder than it seems
Your face of ivory, so cool
Makes it difficult to believe

I see your lips moving
But you do not make a sound
My own lips start to quiver
As my world comes tumbling down

The news I receive is haunting
And I know that it will stay
But for now I revel in your beauty
And pray it will make me okay

The feeling of numbness takes over
It seems almost customary now
My meal is a pink covered penny
And my mind starts to shake up and down

KatieWorthingtonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 6:46 pm:
There is a really power effect you feel from this piece, and I admire you for writing about something that's personal for you. Keep it up! :)

MelizThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 4:56 am :
Thankyou for your kind words! It really does mean a lot when I receive comments :)   

sam_kills_chatsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 8 at 11:43 pm:
The title of your poem caught my attention and having a very good friend who faces the same issue I wanted to take a look at it. You have got it right, it's hard to understand and all that you have got there it's a perfect picture of ana, and it takes a lot to write about something like that. Anyhow good job there

Jul. 9 at 7:09 pm :
It was difficult for me to write but I finally managed it! I hope your friend is getting better, it's a tough journey but she will make it in the end. Thankyou for your kind words :)