Tired of Time

I was tired of watching the time.
So I took apart the clock.
I disconnected the hands
And ripped out the face.
I pried at the screws
But nothing moved.
I could not break the wood
Holding my prize.
I could not stop the ticking.
The clock,
It kept telling time.
It screeched each second,
Breaking the wall of silence.
I sat and watched nothing.
Just listened to time telling.
I threw the faceless clock
Across the room and at the wall.
And that did the trick.
The clock was lighter,
Weightless, even.
All the time had fallen out of it.
But time never stopped telling.
So I sat at the table,
Picked up the next clock,
And ripped out the face.
Because I was tired of watching the time.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 4:59 pm:
I believe the concept of this poem is relateable to everyone. Sometimes we just want to freeze time. But of course, that's impossible. Just have to enjoy what we get right now, even if it's not ideal. I love the beginning; it had more flow I think than the end, not to belittle the ending. I love how it's telling a story. And like I mentioned the theme is relateable. Very original. And great emotion too.

tori-gurlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 7 at 11:59 am:
This was very well written and I loved it! The whole concept was very cool and I love the originality of it :)

SoulPoetryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 6 at 11:47 pm:
I can feel the frustration! this poem is so vivid it makes me feel the same way! I love it :)