Be A Friend,Be A Hero!

He's been through this way too much,everyday and every night. Tears come running down his face at the words you left saying he's a disgrace, to the human race.

Look at her wrists and what do you see, another victim of bullying. Where did it start and where does it end, or do they have to depend,on their life's end?

Why do you choose the people you do, is it just that cool or are you a fool? They've never done anything to you, why be so cruel and do the things you do,you're better than who?

You're no better than the dirt, that covers the grave of your victim's heart. You're no better than a shark, that preys upon the weakest in the dark.

Sitting in a corner teary eyed,ashamed at what she has become. All alone in a cruel dark world,never to see the grass on the greener side,for she has died.

Behind the bleachers knife in hand,no one cares for him so he said. The grass turns red as he falls to the ground,he took his own life because of the words that you said best,now he's laid to rest.

All of these lives wasted away,still no one has anything to say. No one believes that they did this,but truly they did,so they hid.

Why be a bully when you can be a friend,do the right thing and dry their tears. They need a hero in their life,so why stand by and watch them die,just save your sigh.

You can be a friend,and you can also be a hero!

xosarang_adri said...
today at 12:25 am:
The topic is very delicate, but you managed to make it through. I really enjoyed reading this piece. My favorite stanza would have to be the fifth one, "...never to see the grass on the greener side..." that was a very powerful line, and not only that, but it fit perfectly with the poem. The whole poem was phenomenal, and the ending was a really neat way to tie the whole poem together.

Broken_Lover replied...
today at 10:25 pm :
Thank you so very much! I can't tell you how much everyone's comments have ment to me. So again,thank you.

CsquaredThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 11:21 am:
This is an amazing poem! It really gives a voice to all those bully victims out there. I liked how you really pushed the "show don't tell" concept from being basic, to complex. For example, instead of saying "they died because you bullied him and made his life miserable" you wrote the stanzas about the boy behind the bleachers, and the girl in the corner. Amazing work!

Broken_Lover replied...
yesterday at 6:32 pm :
Thank you so much. I'm against bullying 100%,so that's why I had to get the word out there because a lot of people think that bullying doesn't really get that bad,but in reality it does. So I thank you very much for the words you have said.

Kimmy,92 said...
Jul. 3 at 7:08 pm:
Beautiful! I can't say anymore. The way you said things, the words you chose all of it was beautiful!