Summer

Summer

Summer, I love that word
And all the memories it brings to mind
The lovely days not yet blurred
By time

Summer is a break from everything
No school till fall
And many sunny days,
I love it all

Summer, so golden and sweet
It means so much to me
And at the end I feel complete
I feel so fancy free

Magik1234 said...
I love the rhytmn and the way this poem flows. You should submit more poems.

DawnieRae replied...
Jan. 11 at 3:17 pm
Sorry i couldn't get back to you sooner! Thank you! every comment means so much! 

RoyalCorona said...
This poem was nicely written and has a sort of rthymn to it that floats through the words! Great job!

DawnieRae replied...
thank you soo much! I'm so glad other peope like my work! 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like the style of it. And how you express what qualities make this season so enjoyable for you. Nicely written.

DawnieRae replied...
Thank you McKay! I really enjoy reading everyones feedback! 

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great job! Simplistic and elegant :D Keep on writing!

DawnieRae replied...
Thanks sooooooo much!! That means a lot! Have a nice day!!

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Ha! This is a good one! I like the unique lenths of the lines. For some weird reason, I can only rhyme when in meter, but the rhythem these lines have are closer to the way a person talks. It feels human. Plus, I LOVE the subject of summer and memories. Rockin' job, Dawnie!

DawnieRae replied...
Thank you soo much! I love reading what other people think of my work. It really encourages me to write more.

freepersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:39 am
i think this is very cool. i'd like to look at my poem goodbye if u dont mind :)    

DawnieRae replied...
Jul. 30, 2013 at 6:18 am
Thanks! I will definetly be reading your poem!!

ItsallboutME said...
I loove summer too, and this poem most definitely out a meaning to summer, great job!

DawnieRae replied...
Thanks I am glad you liked it!!!! :) :)

Carly_ElizabethThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I liked the words you used to describe summer, "golden and sweet." And the ryming too. My favorite was, "lovely days not yet blurred by time." It is a perfect description of summer. Keep writing more!

DawnieRae replied...
Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:23 am
Thank you! I will keep on writing!

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like this poem. :) It is so happy and carefree, which totally reminds me of summer! ^.^

DawnieRae replied...
Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:24 am
Thank you so much!

Quartermaster This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:14 am
Your poem really captures the spirit of summer. I especially liked your line"the lovely days not yet blurred by time". I think you should add a metaphor or simile. 

DawnieRae replied...
Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:47 am
thank you so much! I will make sure i read your articles too.