The Fallen

The feathers drop, one by one,
Curled,
And black, rotten to the core.
They twirl in the screaming wind,
Screaming
For your soul,
And fly away in a mocking imitation of how
You once flew.

The body hits the ground
And it
Doesn't even break—well,
You don't bleed,
But I know that your eyes reflect all
That has passed
Eons and eons spent in the light,
Now
Trampled and spat on.

How it would feel, I'll never
Know,
Cannot know.
I am of the dust, you came from above,
And maybe
That's why you fell so much harder
Than I
On that fateful day when Paradise
Closed its doors.

So easy for me
To get back up and dust off my shins,
From the Fall,
While you lay there, in an eternity
Of disgrace
And why salvation is not for those
From above—
For those who were born highest
Fall
Hardest.

TargonTheDragonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this isnt a poem about Lucifer is it?

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:58 am :
It's about all fallen angels, but yes.

TargonTheDragonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 5, 2013 at 6:32 pm :
i wasnt too far off, just too specific:P

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:59 pm:
Ouch that must've been painful XD I love the first stanza the best, though it's probably the saddest. Great job!

freepersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:55 am:
OH MY GOSH THIS POEM IS AWESOME!!!

DefianceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 4, 2013 at 2:27 am :
Those who born highest fall the hardest. Those who are born lowest rise among the ranks only to die like all the others. Only to meet the same fate, to have their dreams crushed. But few of them survive. The few that prevail. The greatest!   Pshhh! They say I can't be deep! XD     Brilliant poem. 5 stars from meh! XD

Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:56 am :
Thanks zee :)