Gravity of the Sea

I know I attempt to evade the ocean of life,
Cowering at the thought
Of being encased in its arctic waters.
I dive frantically under the currents
Of churning waves,
Foam obscuring my vision
And salt imbedding itself
Into my bitter thoughts.

Sometimes I surface,
But when I don’t,
My lungs burst without the familiarity of air,
And I am weak with deteriorating confidence.
However, wisdom is my weapon,
Defined by the thick border
Of how an individual uses
His given knowledge.

I know more waves await me
As life rolls along with the seas,
And I hope I’ll learn to face those
Head first,
When the tides of life change
Along with the pull
Of my future.

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 8:07 am:
I really liked this one your an incredible writer hanna. I liked this poem becuase it is though provoking and your word choice was out of this world. I loved how it was basically how we as people take the easy way out instead of the hard way and trying to work hard to be a success it was amazing with your ocena theme along with it. i really enjoyed it 5/5 stars for sure! :3

bree_breeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 15 at 11:41 pm:
It was verry thought provoking and i think that it was great :D your metaphore is verry well aligned. i enjoyed reading this peice verry much.

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 8 at 7:14 pm:
I love the metaphor of the ocean and everything. this is really good! the symblosism is all there. great job! keep rockin :)

Haden_SteinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 1 at 6:30 pm:
very nice symbolism and expression....i dont read much poetry so i cant make constructive criticism, but i liked it XD