Dangerous Dancing

We wear a mask for every
Occasion,
And our outfits are just as dastardly
Handsome,
Compelling the whole world to
Stop
And stare,
As we shift among the other dancers
In this
Temporal ball
The music playing never
Changes,
But we dance to different rhythms,
Playing
In our heads, our own fancies,
Because
Life is what you make of it
Not
This step-by-step tango
That insists
We learn how to do it their way
And that's why
They
Stare,
And that's why it's so important to wear
The masks
Because they'd hang
A girl
For that,
And they'd do it to you
Out of
Spite.

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 4:51 am:
Beautiful. you've done a great job, with an amazing sense and fluency to the message! :)

UniquePerspectiveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 2 at 7:55 pm:
I love the extended metaphor and pyschology of it. You took something we all do and addeda great depth to it. Bravo!

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 29 at 7:35 pm:
Graceful and unique XD and now I wanna bellydance! :P This poem is so true, too. I agree with Saphira; the last few lines were priceless. You have such a skill with writing. Never give up writing and have a lovely day!

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 29 at 8:11 pm :
You too, gosh i just appreciate you guys so much DX i am in debted for all your wonderful feeback :P you have an AMAZING AWE-INSPIRING day!! :D

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 28 at 7:52 am:
I love it how this wasn't just about dancing, and you transformed it and you fused two things toegther to form such a philosophical piece. Great. The last few lines, they were especially breath-taking! 

Gwen_ElizabethThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 27 at 8:31 pm:
OMG girl this is sooooo goooood! love the comparison! this is so flawless & fluent it's...truly a masterpeice! LOVE IT! <3 :D