food and wine This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

you're burnt onto the bottom of everything
I know,
like a bone, or a bad
joke, I choke you out
whole, of course and
wipe the blood from my mouth
pick you out of my teeth and stare
emotionless at the black mess
at the bottom of the pan, take a drink
from the bottle in my hand only to discover
your spirits burning
the back of my throat, fermented
years ago and just now opened
and it's too late
you've already intoxicated me
again, I can feel the world
slowly falling away;
fork falls to table
glass falls to floor
in a crash splatter tinkle carpet stain
and the rest of you spreads
and takes root
impossible to remove
as my poisoned frame lands
on the rug we bought together
last spring.

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:59 am:
 your writing is eerie and fascinating! the enigma of the poem I still haven't fully figured out, but it's haunting! you've got a great, unique skill.

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:32 pm:
This is amazing! All the similes and metaphors are spot on and make perfect sense. This is very unique. Congrats on the check :) Keep rockin

naolovesbooks said...
Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:46 pm:
Very well written. The whole time, I wondered what you meant. Could you be talking about a bad break-up? Suicide? Murder? A combination of the three? I don't really know, but that's what I love about it. The mystery drives me nuts, and it's so descriptive. Great job!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:00 pm:
Sounds like a case of bad break-up. All the similes and metaphors you use are spectacular. "Picking you out of my teeth" is so creative. If this is about a break-up, well then I didn't interpret it wrong. But if it isn't., let me know. This whole poem is dazzling.