post-prognosis This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

your
hair
is
softer
and
your
eyes
are
kinder.
the
days
are
shorter
and
I
just
realized
the
years
weren't
close
to
long
enough.

the moments are l o n g e r
but all the wrong moments.
all the wrong memories come back:
the times when I shut you out,
and when I said things badly,
and all those times I could have
hugged you, kissed you, said something
and I didn't, because somehow I guess
I thought you'd be around forever.

and
now
I
know
I
was
wrong.
and
I
just
hope
you
have
time
left,
and
maybe
I
can
have
some
of
it.
please?

mereCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 9:10 am:
5 stars; i am in love with your writing - t is so beautifully expressive and honest!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 1 at 1:38 pm:
what captured my attention at first was the title, which I like. Then the structure fascinated me, which again I'm in love with, and must use in the future. the wording was lovely. The emotion was tangible. Congrats on the Editors' Choice. 

OldYoungOneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 2 at 9:56 am :
I loved the emotion and everythig else I liked about the previous commentors have already said what I was goign to say. I enjoy how the poem strecthes just liek the speaker wanted the good moments to last that were full of love and complete bliss. I also liek how you did the same with the middle when you talked about the guilt and the bad times and made them close togetehr where the reader would take a shorter time to read it. Wonderful job in the spacing and the rhythm and teh emotion. You'... (more »)

candlelightwriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 1 at 12:47 pm:
This is beautiful. I think you captured all the emotions here wonderfully-- guilt, regret, love, and repentance. (at least that's what I got out of it). Very interesting rhythm you established as well, but your poem still flowed wonderfully, good job :)