Not What They Seem

People are not what they seem to be,
Deep in their souls you cannot see.
Only their faces, lit from the outside,
Inside broken, defeated, they just want to hide.
They smile, they laugh, they play along,
Until you hear their pleading song.
Everyone is dying silently, with continuous falls,
All drowning in the sea of faces-- the halls.
Invisible pain behind a girl's grin,
A boy who hates but cannot stop his sin.
You and I are like this too,
Don't act as if this is new.
Do people see the real you, by the look in your eyes?
Or do they stare right through and see only lies?
Don't glance at me and see only pretend,
Instead look through my soul, and see a girl going from start to end.
I'm human too, and you have no idea what I go through.

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aw, this poem speaks the truth and rings a bell in the readers mind. It is soo true how people judge before they get to know a person and that those same people hide their intermost feelings. Great job on this; your rhyming is spot on and the rythym moves smoothly. My favorite line is: "Everyone is dying silently with continuous falls." This is very true, and even if we dont realize it, everyone dies a little inside until they cant take it anymore. The ending of your poem tells others ... (more »)

BlazeRayn replied...
Thanks! I felt as if t always hoped and dreamed one day someone would say those words to me. Im not much of a poet, more of a novelist, but i felt as if this poem just had to be written :)

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
No problem; thank YOU for writing it :D

Maldivian said...
i really like it and thats so cool

HammadWaseemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
thats so cool. I like it!