Hating the one you love

Do you ever stop loving someone?
Or will you always love that person.
You always want them,
But then you want them to go away.
You want their love,
But then you want them to hate you.
You want them to hold you,
Then you want them to push you away.
You feel as though you will always be lonely without that person and you think you will always feel empty.
Then you feel as though you are lonely with them and you feel empty when you are around that person.
I only wish I had listened to that little voice in my head.
The one says let go of him, before you fall for him.
But I never listened, because I was already in love with him. And I will always love him.
Though I will never want his love.
It has done too much damage.
I wish he would have loved me then,
But now I don’t want and will never want his love.

FamishedFox said...
Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:37 pm:
A feeling such as the one you're describing is rare since it is so rarely felt and rarely is it that one falls so deeply in love. I think you did a marvelous job in caputuring the essense of this feeling and I hope you will continue to write, improve, and grow as a person. I look forward to seeing more of your work. 

WinterQueenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:01 am:
I've been seeing you posting messages on the chat saying you want people to comment on your work. So here you go. XD  I know this poem is Free verse... But I think a poem should still sound like a ....poem, you know? I mean it just sounds like a story or something. I think that's where it lacks. But otherwise, I LOVE IT. Honestly... I see your point, I see what you're tyring to say. Its all clear. Every point is clear. Which is a good thing. I can feel you, I know EXACTLY how ... (more »)