She Makes a Million Pointless Overtures This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

She grasps
For the poignancy
She lacks.

She is the incarnation
Of a stereotype--

A mass of mascara
Doesn't make you
Banshee
Nor Erlking.

You're no
Tortured soul--

Stop pretending you
Make sacrifices to
Agni all night!

You fell asleep
At 8 –
I saw the A+
You got yesterday.

Death poems
Won't snare
The fear
You desire –
More caged raccoon
Than wicked witch of the
West Coast.

The only attention
Your twenty piercings
Get you –
Is irritated
Old ladies.

hayhaywhaley said...
I loved your poem, the whole idea and concept was captured very well. It was enjoyable and funny. Very Val point as well. I applaud thee.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Regardless if this is for girls only, I think it's a general poem. Guys can be drama queens...or is that kings? And try to be preppy. I love the imagery, especially "the twenty piercings". It reminds me of Lisbeth Salander. I enjoy the comedy in this poem. I think you're absolutely talented. 

Zach_M said...
Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:38 am
Alright, I red this, and yes I'm a male, and this was meant for a female audience I believe, but I couldn't help realizing how well structured your poem is. I love how you describe the annoying, obnoxious drama queen of our century. It's rather a very comical poem, and i love your humor. Great job :)

JRayeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really really good! I can name a few people just like this! And the last stanza made me laugh so hard :) In a good way! LOL Great job, and congratz on the Editors Choice!

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hahahhahaaaa I LOVE THIS. Especially "more caged raccoon/Than the wicked witch of the West Coast" and "The only attention/Your twenty piercings/Get you--/Is irritated/Old ladies." SO UH-MAH-ZING! :D This should be sent to every girl who's personality can be described as either drama queen or preppy girl or a combination of both :D Excellent job!

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really good and kinda bad azz XD love it.