Ode to Mother

My gratitude goes to you, mother
Take it from me as you have me given all that mattered
Giving me the best was all you knew
But I knew I never gave my best
I wish to express my feelings more
or even put them in a song
But I know no words can suffice
or describe how great you are

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So pretty. And just awe-inspiring. What would we do without mothers? They're everything. I feel your gratitude towards these women that have had a great impact in your life. It is hard to convey all your gratitude for mothers in a poem. It's not enough. They deserve so much more. And I love how you recognize that in this poem. And it makes it more endearing. I hope you've shown this poem to your mothers and grandmothers. It's a beautiful piece. 

Jazmyne805 replied...
Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:46 am
Thank you so much for your pleasant feedback! I am SO glad you enjoyed it! There are truly too many things that a mother does for us and we often overlook them. :)

SophieSoFarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:04 am
Wow! This is a great work! Its so natural and so true, like it!!

Jazmyne805 replied...
Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:26 am
Thanks Sophie! :)