You Left Pt.1 | Teen Ink

You Left Pt.1

By maybeidontknow BRONZE, Houston, Texas
maybeidontknow BRONZE, Houston, Texas

"You tried to change, didn't you? Closed your mouth more, tried to be softer, prettier, less volatile, less awake…You can’t make homes out of human beings. Someone should have already told you that."

Plagued by nightmares, you never sleep,.Always holding back, trying not to weep. Bullied by day, beaten by night, trying to survive has always been your biggest fight. You want to find solace, you want to find love, you want to find someone who keeps you from giving up. You try to smile, holding back tears, while being put down by all of your peers. So full of anger, so full of hate, you're tired of destroying you want to create. Your eyes are empty, your grin is gone, I've barely found out what you'be been trying to tell me all along. You don't want to live, you don't want to thrive, you just want to forfeit and die. You don't know who to turn to, I'm all you have, but when i try and help, you only get mad. You tell me not to worry, that I shouldn't care and when I ask you why all you do is stare. The last time we talked, I asked you to stay, you nodded and told me yes, but were gone the next day. I called and texted but you never replied, I thought you were just mad and I didn't know why.

This is about my friend who committed suicide. I wrote this a few days after to get my feelings out.