Man of the Moon This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

The man
is encaged in the white orb,
silent stars for company
and his stone reflection
shimmering on the water,

in the moon
his cries are lost,
echos fading on the wind,
he's held by invisable chains,
a timeless prison, and he

wants out.

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 8:05 am:
I'm totally drawn by your imagination! I like to think ( my  own crazy fantasy) that it's an old woman cooking something to eat when sitting on a bench on the moon, and she's happy because she gets to see the whole earth and everything in it from up there! 

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 22 at 1:28 am:
The ending is reaaaally cool! Love this. The imagery is beautiful!

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 10 at 11:26 am:
You know, this reminds me of a folk tale I heard as a child where the sun was a woman and the moon was a man and they were lovers, but they were seperated by the milky way.

bree_breeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 12 at 3:34 pm :
I think I've heard that :) its a good story