Virtual Friend

Here's to my virtual friend
To whom I cannot see

Would you like to go on this virtual trip with me?

Who knows what fate holds
In her tiny little hands

Will you walk these virtual beaches? Lie in this virtual sand?

Maybe I will meet you one day
Two strangers bumping on the street

Can you hear my virtual voice? The virtual stomping of my feet?

As I stare at my computer screen
I think of you

What virtual things would you like do?

And my fingers fly madly across the key board
My only destination to answer you again

Will you be my, my virtual freind?

I truly do hope so
Because together we can change this virtual world

Would you like to write more history? Sing stories untold?

So here's to my virtual freind
For whom I cannot see

You know who you are: you are part of my virtual family.

ShagunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 5 at 10:39 am
i love all your peoms. This is very beautiful and i am sure there are many people who would relate to it. Keep Writing  

SoulPoetry said...
Such a wonderful poem and it's so relatable :D It's cute and sweet. keep up the great work :D

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Haha, I love your imagination! And I love reading your work :D You make me get this happy, bubbly feeling inside with this poem and I absolutely adore it! Great job!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:39 am
Oh myy dearest Liv, this made me tear up, I was heartened, I mean I know that it wasn't anything sad or tragic for me to do that...just that I felt so good when I read it Liv... I can' t even begin to tell you how amazing this is and how I've dreamed of these very things so much, the two strangers bumping on the street part was spectacular. I mean I have that that exact same line a thousand times. And must I say that I am extremely honoured and feel elevated to be a part of this virt... (more »)

PhoenixCrossing said...
The rhyming scheme was very friendly and easy to read which I know takes a lot of work and I commend you on that. This topic makes me think of that show Catfish. Where did you get your inspiration?

ZeroDarkFlirty said...
5/5 stars! It was a simple yet beautifully imagined work, and I can personally relate to its message. It also bears a similar theme to my only posting thus far, "Ships in the Night." Sorry if I'm sounding like an attention...person...right now, but I'm really eager to get noticed as a new member on this site. Regardless of whether or not you can perhaps review my work as well, I wish you all the best of luck in your endeavors and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
YAY, LIV!!!!! I'll be your viritual friend any day and be part of you birtual family. I love meetin new people here everyday. Talking about things we cal all relate to. Like how it's hard being misunderstood yet not give it up for anything in the world, becuase we are who we are. Liv, you are an amazing person. Who's been so nice to me. And helps me with my writing. You don't just say, yeah it's good, even when you don't think so. You're honest. And I appreciate that ... (more »)

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Liv, I'd love to walk the virtual beaches and lay in the sand with you! And I hope we do bump on the street, maybe during my next vacation to New York. And of course, I'll be/AM your virtual friend. I am so thankful to have 'met' you and I'm so lucky to have a friend like you. You're a wonderful writer and you inspire me everyday. You teach me things about writing, myself, and about a true friendship online. This poem was wonderful and I loved everything about it. I ... (more »)