There's Something About Tonight

There’s something sinister
About this night,
The crescent moon
A piercing grin;
Shimmering stars
Glare full and bright,
The air howling with invisible wind.

There’s something mysterious
About this night,
The murky clouds
Merge with the sky;
A faint wolf’s howl
Fades with fierce might,
The mountains releasing shuddering sighs.

There’s something wicked
About this night,
The hollow caves
Reach without end;
As nature’s cry
Trembles the Earth,
Rain and thunder viciously blend.

There’s something magical
About tonight,
Your lovely eyes
Softly gleaming;
Our hands entwined,
Your heart is mine,
Yet you are still leaving.

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really good! The rhyming scheme is perfect and i love all the metaphors about the moon and the repetition and ahhhh its perfect! Keep rockin Hannah cuz this was amazing :)

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey there! It has been awhile since I commented on your work! It's nice to read something by you. It's refreshing. I loved the title! Really interesting! Everything was perfect and went together really well as far as the title, the picture, and the lovely poem. Your attention to detail is wonderful, everything is very specific and clear. I love the spookiness to the poem! The simplicity is really nice, you made it work very well. I enjoyed everything about this and I think that you did a... (more »)

3MOsleeping-beautyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 3, 2013 at 9:43 am
This is amazing!!!!!! Great job! :D I definitely like the part when you were saying hoe the rain and thounder intertwined so visciously. Keep it up :)

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Omg this is amazing the first stanza the besr i think way to go hannah 5/5 stars

D.K.ArtmondThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love the way you explain and detail a simple night into a wonderful magical moment. I love it! 

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so pretty! it really paints an image in your mind xD great job!!!!

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thank u so much :)