Canvas This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Like a painter paints
A writer dips the quill in ink-
Dragging the tip
Over the lip
Of the bottle-
To drop off excess ink
Words not written in time
But a shape is formed
When foreign syllables rhyme
Painting picture on the canvas that is your mind.

sophistryxo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great work! This is so beautiful and creates such imagery!

Superhero_FanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This captured the 'art' of writing perfectly. You painted a Picasso in my mind, with only a few simple words. It flowed well, in my opinion.  Continuez d'écrire!
Superhero~

cowgirl4everThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Very good imagery and rhythm!!

mrsmusicforlifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:25 am
As a writer, I can definetly relate! I love this poem! It short and straight to the point, but its very good and descriptive.

GraphicWriter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Relatable- what every writer desires from a reader(:

Rolledthestone This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nice! I liked the little ryhme at the beginning-middle, it really connected everything. Personnally, the theme of canvas' and painting pictures with words is a bit overused but this poem wasn't that bad. Short and sweet.

I didn't want to drag it on, like some of my poems, I drag to live an imprint in someone's mind, but this one was different. I totally get you.