Canvas This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Like a painter paints
A writer dips the quill in ink-
Dragging the tip
Over the lip
Of the bottle-
To drop off excess ink
Words not written in time
But a shape is formed
When foreign syllables rhyme
Painting picture on the canvas that is your mind.

sophistryxo said...
today at 2:16 pm:
Great work! This is so beautiful and creates such imagery!

Superhero_FanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 12 at 2:15 pm:
This captured the 'art' of writing perfectly. You painted a Picasso in my mind, with only a few simple words. It flowed well, in my opinion.  Continuez d'écrire!
Superhero~

cowgirl4everThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 27 at 7:09 pm:
Very good imagery and rhythm!!

mrsmusicforlifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 24 at 11:25 am:
As a writer, I can definetly relate! I love this poem! It short and straight to the point, but its very good and descriptive.

GraphicWriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 24 at 8:39 pm :
Relatable- what every writer desires from a reader(:

RolledthestoneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 25 at 2:56 pm :
Nice! I liked the little ryhme at the beginning-middle, it really connected everything. Personnally, the theme of canvas' and painting pictures with words is a bit overused but this poem wasn't that bad. Short and sweet.

Jun. 25 at 6:29 pm :
I didn't want to drag it on, like some of my poems, I drag to live an imprint in someone's mind, but this one was different. I totally get you.