nothing but teeth This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

It’s nights like these that I stare up at the ceiling and I think to myself
Did I break my own heart?
Am I the one to blame
For my own misery?

This is an undeniable truth;
Breathing
gets harder
each and every day

As the love wanes
fading
still lifes
slowly losing
color
the
memory
of the
moment
slips
from a
mind
and the
smile holds
nothing
but
teeth

maybe
at that moment
it just felt right

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 10:45 am:
Seems finished to me. I love your emotion. Feels raw. And personal. 

I8GrassThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 1 at 2:35 am:
 I wrote this poem on a napkin in the Jack in the Box on Aurora at like one in the morning. Maybe that's why it bugs me so much. As for the title, it just felt right. Oh, and thank you very much for your comments, they really mean the world.

ShahiroThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 5 at 2:21 pm :
i agree about the title, it just seems right - it makes sense...

MiVida16 said...
May 31 at 12:39 pm:
I think its finished..I like how the ending is but the title doesn't really make sense tome. Great job!