For When You Feel Like You're Not Worth It | Teen Ink

For When You Feel Like You're Not Worth It

By angel_of_silence PLATINUM, Cotulla, Texas
angel_of_silence PLATINUM, Cotulla, Texas

“The boy never cried again, and he never forgot what he'd learned: that to love is to destroy, and that to be loved is to be the one destroyed.” -Jace Wayland City of Bones

You are worth it
You can do anything
You are smart
You are talented
You are beautiful/handsome
You are worth more than anything
You are not worth nothing
You are worth a gazillion words
You are awesome
You are loved
You do have a purpose
You are a great person
You can do many things
You are not ugly
You are not stupid
You are here for a reason
You are very, very special
Because you are you,
And you do not need to change
You were made like this for a reason

I'm not really sure if this is a poem, but i just wanted to share it with everyone. and When you finish please do this for me...Change the "you's" to "I's" and the "are's" to "am's" and whatever else needs to be changed, and read ti again.

ImmortalRose GOLD, Arvada, Colorado

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
Khalil Gibran

Beautiful...

Jubilex SILVER said...
Jubilex SILVER, Adelaide, Other

"I think that if I ever have kids, and they are upset, I won't tell them people are starving in China or anything like that because it won't change the fact that they were upset. And even if someone has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have. Good and bad."
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky

This is lovely :)

BOBAROONIES said...
BOBAROONIES, Deptford, New Jersey

“Consider the subtleness of the sea; how its most dreaded creatures glide under water, unapparent for the most part, and treacherously hidden beneath the loveliest tints of azure. Consider also the devilish brilliance and beauty of many of its most remorseless tribes, as the dainty embellished shape of many species of sharks. Consider, once more, the universal cannibalism of the sea; all whose creatures prey upon each other, carrying on eternal war since the world began.

Consider all this; and then turn to the green, gentle, and most docile earth; consider them both, the sea and the land; and do you not find a strange analogy to something in yourself? For as this appalling ocean surrounds the verdant land, so in the soul of man there lies one insular Tahiti, full of peace and joy, but encompassed by all the horrors of the half-known life. God keep thee! Push not off from that isle, thou canst never return!”

I love this.

Thanks I'm so glad I could help

on Dec. 10 2013 at 11:20 am
Joob-Stache GOLD, Rice Lake, Wisconsin

Don't be afraid to take a chance, to take a fall, in the end it could be worth it all<3

Thank you for writing this. I really needed to read something like this today(: 

on Aug. 27 2013 at 7:22 am
DawnieRae BRONZE, Lancaster, Ohio
THIS POEM IS SOO GREAT! It is really encouraging! Good Job! 

StarGazer9 GOLD, Marana, Arizona

"Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do."

I'm so glad you wrote this. It's just a simple reminder and yet it's SO important!

The_Introvert PLATINUM, Bellevue, Nebraska

“She seems so cool, so focused, so quiet, yet her eyes remain fixed upon the horizon. You think you know all there is to know about her immediately upon meeting her, but everything you think you know is wrong. Passion flows through her like a river."

This is a really great poem! I love your work.

LittleLadybird GOLD, Carrickfergus, Other

To be nobody but yourself in a world that is trying it's hardest every night and day to change you into everyone else is to fight the hardest battle a human being can fight, and never stop fighting.

Aww there are people out there that NEED to read this poem!!! Thank you for writing it :)