Forgotten

I lay here,
Wrapped in my daydreams.
I have forgotten,
The world around me.
No matter where I look,
I see a daydream.
Even when I see,
What is right in front of me,
I never truly see,
Because I have forgotten reality.

BelieveInLoveAtFirstSightThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:43 am:
This was aboslutely amazing and so memorable. This is something that can be carried on with you, and it's something that MOST people can relate to. This piece is better than anything I've ever written. I am inspired by your great work of art that everyone can think about and get their own perspective on. I am so glad to return the favor by checking out your work because I definitely don't regret it. You are an amazing writer, and should continue to write. (:

BalladOfMonaLisaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 3 at 11:59 am:
Haha, beautiful as always! This is one of my favorites.... I love it. (: Continue to write! You are an inspiration to us all XD

HazelGraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 8 at 9:58 pm:
I like this (:

dragonsandthreeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 8 at 11:22 pm :
Thanks, Grace!

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 29 at 3:29 pm:
Great poem! Haha it reminded me a bit of myself I the sense that I am a daydreamer. I usually can not fall asleep at night because a fantasy of mine is keeping me awake. Beautiful word choice, and I think that the structure of the poem; short sentences etc, as perfect. Great job. May I ask, what was your inspiration for this poem? Great job, keep rockin. Oh and your name is Andy right? Haha keep rockin

May 29 at 3:37 pm :
I know what you mean about staying awake. And I didn't really have any inspration. The poem is basiclly a writers' doodle. Haha. And yes, my name is Andy. Yours is Liv, right?

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 29 at 6:10 pm :
Hi Andy! And yes, my name is Liv. Wow, so no inspiration. Well I guess that mos of my peices are just dreamed up with nothing concrete to start them. Anyway, good job Andy. Keep rockin and keep working on Valley of the Dolls. Oh, and when that gets published one day as a best seller and then a movie :) can I get a free autograph!!?! And maybe I could even star in the movie ;) is hat going to far? Okay, for now I will take the autograph.

May 30 at 8:36 am :
Hahahahahahaha! Maybe just a touch. ;) But I also doubt that it will get that far.

Jun. 5 at 8:22 am :
Oh..........Liv, I just realized that I used your name in my book.

Jun. 5 at 7:34 pm :
You did!!!!!! OMG because I have been following this story close and everything: not like a stalker, I promise, but like a person who is really interested. Awwww I am so honored even if you didn't intend it that way :) Thanks Andy, keep rockin and definitely keep writing Vally Of the Dolls and remember keep me in mind for casting ;)

Jun. 5 at 9:22 pm :
Oh, I mean a different book. Not The Valley. But, in the other book, Liv is an energitic puppy lover who drives the main character crazy because Liv is always so bright, cheerful, and full of energy.

becca.37This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 29 at 2:52 pm:
Wow. This poem was incredible- deep, to the point, wonderful. I can really envision losing a grip on reality, and I love how the poem has so many meanings as you look deeper into it. The symbolism of daydreams and stress on the vial importance of our reality was very deep.

May 29 at 3:04 pm :
Thank you!

kikixkupkakeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 29 at 10:26 am:
Who would have guessed that such a short poem would hold so much power? This poem is absolutely terrific, and I mean that with all my heart. It's almost like a short though, as if when you were writing the rest of this poem you were daydreaming and forgot. It's really hard for me to understand short poetry, so when i stumble across one i actually enjoy it has to be super good... And let me just say, this is good.

kikixkupkakeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 29 at 10:26 am :
short thought* not though

May 29 at 10:46 am :
THank you! I'm glad you liked it.

RoyalCoronaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 29 at 9:42 am:
This is a great poem! It's so fluid and amazingly breathtaking, I had to read it three times just because it was so good! Nice job!

May 29 at 9:48 am :
Thank you!

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 28 at 5:33 pm:
Hello! I always enjoy reading poems by you, they are always so brilliant and well though out. I can tell that you take your time and mean what you write. I love the concept, a bit like the valley. I love that even though you don't describe anything physically I can still visualize someone, like myself, daydreaming. And the picture is a maze and looking at it is like daydreaming! I love the tiny elements of rhyme and repetition. As always, great job.

May 28 at 5:38 pm :
Thank you, Lexus! This poem actually surprised me on two levels: first it got posted on the front page of the poetry and second, it was aprroved about fourty minutes after I pitched it!