Alone

I don't wanna be alone
Sitting by a broken piano
Watching the rain come down out of my window
Waiting for you to come home

I don't wanna have to stay up all night
Always knowing there is no point
Constantly staring into the night
Hoping I'll see your headlights

I'm probably going to find out again
You left me for my friend
If that's the case, you should just go
Then I'd be happier alone

LittleLadybird said...
today at 3:50 am:
Aw!! :( really sad, you make us feel really bad for the speaker and that isn't easy to do! Great poem :)

CookieMonster24This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 3:45 am:
I have to say, You have done a great job! I want you to keep writing. I look forward to reading more of your stuff. <3

DreamsOfGoldThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 1 at 7:02 pm:
This was lovely! Though I was a tad bit disappointed that the only rhyme was in the middle. I see no other structure...but this was good! Truly! Please keep writing. Thank you for writing this.

BrittanyLuvEveryoneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 1 at 7:04 pm :
thank u for the advice. i tried rhyming this but it didnt quite work haha. i appreciate your feedback :)

Sissybug19This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 30 at 6:11 pm:
oh gosh thats so sad. but very touching. you should check out my poem "paranoia".

May 31 at 5:44 am :
thank you sooo much :)  i'll look at it :)

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 28 at 2:41 pm:
This is so sad, but amazing i like the last stanza the best and the flow and rythem was perfection so keep it up cause this was amazing

BrittyBritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 28 at 2:43 pm :
Thank you so much :) i appreciate the feedback

LiraDaerisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 27 at 3:23 am:
How sad! I feel for the speaker. The main crinkles in this were rhythm blurches and inconsistent rhyme schemes. Iron those out and voila! In all honesty, it was a lovely poem. I like the scene you set up with the piano and waiting for the person. Gives a clear picture of the waiting and self-expression for and towards the beloved.

May 27 at 10:43 pm :
thank you so much :)