Paper Places

In my paper airplane,
I fly over paper places.
A town of paper people;
A mass of paper faces.

The perfect paper house
With the perfect paper yard.
The perfect paper family,
Whose life is never hard.

But what happens when the winds come?
What happens when the storms rage?
The perfect paper places are blown away.
The perfect paper houses blaze.

The husband’s cheating on the wife;
The son can’t keep the beer at bay.
The daughter never comes home at night;
The wife wants to go away.

The paper house is crumpling,
And I fly over wondering,
“How could they not see
paper places are not meant to be?”

thisisascreennameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 2:40 pm:
I adore this poem. The quirky sort of tone flowing through the rhymes, and the crushing twist at the end just made this poem really wonderful. 

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 29 at 10:57 pm:
Hey Elizabeth! I came by to check on you, it's been awhile, eh? This has to be my absolute favorite poem by you. I truly am in love with every aspect of this little beauty. The rhymes were lovely and flowed really well. The lines all meant something very important, all lead up to a sad and shocking ending. I loved the set-up of this, it was wonderful. And I enjoyed the repetition. You did a great job, you never cease to amaze me.

tuckertwin12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 30 at 1:54 pm :
Thank you! And yeah, it feels like forever! I have one other new work, a poem called "War of the Clouds" that I would love for you to read. Do you have anything new?

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 30 at 3:10 pm :
Sure, no problem. I have a bit of new stuff if you'd like to go have a look.