The Unknown

Everything is so bright
And vivid
Outside of these grey,
Drab walls.
There's something there,
I can feel it,
Lying right in my gaze
And yet I can't see it.

I long for the day when
I'll have the means to see again,
To see the things that a
Person can only see alone.
It's not just being independent,
It's the life of it all,
Really living with your heart
Pumping and everything else
Pumping in sync.

The air is sweeter outside
These four walls,
Even this whole town,
There's something in the distance.

The sunlight is golden,
Dripping in complications,
A stream of energy that you can
Hold in your hand.

I want to hear
The music of my own,
Not the melodies of another.
I want to think with
Clear dictation and direction
And not worry about the
Consequences.

I want to do all the
Cliche' things with a smile,
Not a grin.
Grins are for the ill at heart,
The ones that feel no glee
Or joy,
Just the need to smile
And yet a grin lie bare on your
Face.

Maybe I'm wishing for too much,
Exalting in the dreams of a fool.
I'll calm down for a few
More years
But I'm afraid it's too late,
The bug is eating at my soul.
This bug yearns for more
Than I can give or take,
Feels every blow more clearly
And precisely.
It affects everyone sooner
Or later
But it has taken to me
Unfortunately.
The bug hates smiles,
The bug loves grins.
The bug wants no one to win.

If life must go on
Without me,
Why can everyone else be free?

Alycia.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 26 at 9:44 pm:
So lonely yet beautiful. Great job!

RoyalCoronaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 4:51 pm :
Thank you so much!

MetalHead36This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 11 at 11:42 pm:
Beautifully descriptive, beautifully flowing, beautiful imagery, overall, honestly.....beautiful.

Jan. 12 at 6:36 am :
Thank you so much!

EmmaClaire0823This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 11 at 5:27 pm:
I thought this was incredibly good and well written. All I have to say is that I think you should have given it more of a setting. I got a little lost in the location of the poem if that makes sense. Really great job though. 

Jan. 11 at 6:34 pm :
Thank you! Also, thank you for the constructive criticism! I'll work on the setting when I edit it!

mnm08This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 8, 2013 at 8:53 pm:
Wow, that was really insightful and definitely deep. Great job :) 

Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:05 pm :
Thank you so much!!

Jeeves12345This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 4, 2013 at 8:05 pm:
This poem was deep. I understood every word and I feel it all the way with you. Keep it up!

Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:08 pm :
Thank you!! I love getting comments like these!!

bree_bree said...
Jun. 3, 2013 at 12:20 pm:
This peice was an emotional rolercoaster it seams, i wanted to jump up and go do something worth while and then i felt compleatly crashed like i couldnt do anything and that it just wasnt worth it. You have a verry effective poem here i really comend you on your work.

Jun. 3, 2013 at 2:26 pm :
Thank you so much!! That means a lot, to hear from someone that I was able to let emotions flow along the words! Thank you so much!!

BorderlineGenius777This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 1, 2013 at 4:16 pm:
Hm. I think that this is something everyone feels at one point or another, and you voiced it perfectly. I love it.

Jun. 2, 2013 at 10:28 am :
Thank you so much!

candlelightwriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 30, 2013 at 10:45 pm:
Wow. This was beautifully tragic. You portrayed the emotion so well. I know the feeling which you speak. I love how you call it "a bug" and I love your whole bit about grins vs. smiles. There are far too many grins in this world, but yet the bug, and our own insecurities sometimes demand grins from us no matter how much we'd wish for a true smile. This was a fantastic poem. :)

May 30, 2013 at 11:31 pm :
Thank you so much!!! I haven't seen you much around in the forums or really anywhere. I think that I'm going to go check out some of your stuff! Thank you again, I love the term beautifully tragic!

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 29, 2013 at 4:45 pm:
wow this is amazing. It flows and the your description is great

May 29, 2013 at 5:47 pm :
Thank you!

glamouriize said...
May 28, 2013 at 8:37 pm:
This is seriously wonderful. You have a skill at poetry I admit it! This is well written with a good story behind it.

May 28, 2013 at 8:51 pm :
Thank you! You guys make my day!!