The Traveller

The arc of leaves slowly fell
On the deserted path.
The traveler bravely stood
On the aftermath of the battle.

Colors rained from the sky
Painting the world a view
Of the year leaving and
The year to come.

The traveler bent his knees
And knelt there
Amid destruction and formation
Of the world and
Its inhabitants.

The ground sighed,
Slow and sweet.
But none shall answer
For none shall hear.

But the traveller,
The fighter,
The artist,
The savior,
Poor man of all names,
Each holding its own regard
For its own abilities,
Is feeling the end come again.

A lock of hair
Falls flat on his forehead,
Limp as his heart
And the leaves above.

As the traveller of many titles
Falls to the ground in a heap
To end the battle and
End time.

Jeeves12345 said...
Jun. 4, 2013 at 8:06 pm:
WOW! I don't know what else to say but wow! That's really good!

RoyalCorona replied...
Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:07 pm :
Thank you so much!! 

BorderlineGenius777 said...
Jun. 1, 2013 at 4:13 pm:
fascinating. I liked it.

RoyalCorona replied...
Jun. 2, 2013 at 10:27 am :
Thank you!!

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 29, 2013 at 4:46 pm:
mysterious and entrancing...i love this

RoyalCorona replied...
May 29, 2013 at 5:45 pm :
Thank you!

IMSteelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 29, 2013 at 10:59 am:
Amazing imagery!  I love it, I really, really do!  I can see, really, nothing wrong with this piece, (and if there was, I'd tell you), and the poem itself was great!  Please read my story, The Voyages of the Waved Albatross.  Thanks!

IMSteelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 29, 2013 at 11:01 am :
PS. The words of the poem captured my attention instantly, and that is something that I look for  in poets. 

RoyalCorona replied...
May 29, 2013 at 11:44 am :
Thank you!! I will go check out your piece rigtht now!

bree_bree said...
May 29, 2013 at 10:13 am:
and you thought my pooem was perfect pshhh :) you did an amazing job i really enjoy the imagry. Thats saying something because im not usally one for free verse but you do an exseptional job.

RoyalCorona replied...
May 29, 2013 at 10:49 am :
Thank you so much!! Coming from someone that I really enjoy their work, I am so happy!!

Paigers97 said...
May 28, 2013 at 4:02 pm:
This is really good, I agree with PheobeB that you should make this into an epic. I would be amazed to see how it turned out.

RoyalCorona replied...
May 28, 2013 at 4:04 pm :
Thank you so much! I would love to make it into an epic if I could somehow map everything out! It would also be a lot of typing into the little box that Teenink provides too but I guess it could be done. 

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 28, 2013 at 2:59 pm:
I love the melancholic nature of the poem. I think my favorite line has to be "But the traveller, the fighter, the artist, the savior, poor man of all names." Something about that really stands out. Excellent work and keep it up! :D Have a great day!

RoyalCorona replied...
May 28, 2013 at 3:01 pm :
Thank you so much! You guys make my day!

Rebecca.xx said...
May 27, 2013 at 8:30 pm:
Wow, what a great poem! Very intriguing. Like the last user said, I'd love to maybe hear more about this traveler in an epic/narrative format!

RoyalCorona replied...
May 27, 2013 at 8:39 pm :
Yeah, I might do that but it'd be a lot of typing since I have to write it down manually rather than type. Also, I am coming out with a prequel that is going to start to explain the mystery behind the traveller. It's going to be split into segments though and the way that Teenink is moving, it won't be up for a little bit. 

RoyalCorona said...
May 27, 2013 at 4:14 pm:
Thanks for the comment, everybody! It means a lot to me!

PhoebeB said...
May 27, 2013 at 11:10 am:
I think you should make this poem an epic, which is like a really long poem that tells a heroic story. I'd love to learn more about what happens later on..

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 27, 2013 at 11:09 am:
Hey there! I really liked the title, it was very appealing. And I love this poem so much, I really enjoyed reading this from beginning to end. It flowed really nice even without rhyming. I'd love to see this continued and I'd love to learn more about the person this is based on. Great job!