When We Are Broken This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

We all break
In different ways.
Some shatter
Like broken glass
The shards of a once-beating
Heart
Strewn everywhere
Unrepairable.

Some bend and twist
Until they eventually
Snap
Unable to stand up
to the pressure.

Some stretch.
They are pulled
In so many different
Directions
That they slowly begin to
Tear
Until,
they are split in two.

Some unravel
Thread by thread
They are torn
Apart
The seams
Ripping
The cloth
Unfurling
Until they are merely
A pile of tangled
Sorrows.

We all break
In different ways.
But yet
We all fall to pieces.
And though we choose
The manor of our own
Destruction,
When we are broken,
Is perhaps
when we at last,
Become whole.

BrandalynBoothThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 8:46 pm:
This is great, so accurate. Such a simple thing caught in such a perfect descripton of it. good job

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 1 at 2:20 pm:
Oh, hello! Congratulations on the recent editor's choice check marks! I love the inspiration behind this poem.. The Breakfast Club is great and life is always full of many things to write about. This was a great poem.. well thought out, wonderfully written, good concept, everything. The emphasis of one-worded lines is brilliant. You did a great job.

candlelightwriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 1 at 10:06 pm :
Thank you :) Your comments always mean a lot!

RoyalCoronaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 31 at 12:24 am:
This is such a good poem!! Great job!!

May 31 at 11:28 am :
Thank you :D

TargonTheDragonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 23 at 1:30 am:
gee...i dunno what to say. why are you such a good poet? i just wanna sit here and watch you write poetry,  because it seems as though everytime i read one of yours, it has taken the raging storm of confusion and put it into readable and understandable words. keep up the good work!